A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That
Happy Independence Day!
Fireworks will be lighting up our skies tonight!
It calls for the red, white and blue...
It is Independence Day!
1. Refinery29 has a list of the hottest 4th of July spots for this year's midweek holiday in NYC. It calls for a Staycation, unless, of course, you've taken the two days off on either side of it. Fireworks is always a big thing and many riverside towns are buzzing with check-ins about the sparkles. Glens Fall and Hudson boasts great displays on the water and I'm sure they'll go even bigger than they did last year.
2. From Because I'm Addicted- a drink to toast America's birthday. It is refreshing and festive and it is called: Red, White and Vodka!
You will need:1. Blend strawberries and raspberries in a blender until liquid-y.
1 lb fresh strawberries
1/2 lb fresh raspberries
1 cup fresh lime juice
3/4-1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups vodka (optional)
2 to 3 cups chilled sparkling water
2. Pour through a sieve into a pitcher, press and discard solids.
3. Add lime juice and sugar to pitcher, stir.
4. Over ice, pour 1-2 (or to taste) shots of vodka, add 1/2 cup of strawberry/raspberry mixture and top with sparkling water. Garnish with raspberries and strawberries.
*makes 6-8 cocktails
*also great without vodka
*suggestion: make ice cubes and/or popsicles with extra strawberry/raspberry mixture
3. If you're into photography, here's a link on how to take top-notch firework photos! If you have a point and shoot- basically, find a steady place to rest your camera, no flash, and find the setting for fireworks. Voila! Now, for people using dSLRs- same thing, find something to steady your camera, lens work in your favor, especially wide angle lens, shoot in manual with a low ISO setting. And, lastly, don't be afraid to experiment!!!
And, for those of you, who don't know... I'm also celebrating my birthday, today! :)
Until, next time... Happy birthday, America!!!