Diary of a First Time Mom :: Update
It's been roughly 3 months since our lives have changed for the better. We are now and have been a family. Before, it was just us :: him & I and the dog. Just us. And, now, we are three and the furball. A family unit and I would not have it any other way.
1. It's amazing how little sleep you actually need to get through the day.
2. Gone are the days where my hair was full and lush. Yes, my hair is falling out. A lot and at an alarming rate. Hopefully, by the time it settles down, I won't be bald. <crossing fingers>
3. Breastfeeding has not been the easiest thing in the world. The expectation of knowing how to breastfeed once the baby is out and in your arms is wrong. Getting the latch done was a problem and having a great lactation consultant to help you goes a looooong way.
4. I've started referring to myself in the third person as "mama or mommy," and the hubby as "daddy." Haven't quite decided on what I want to be called.
5. I'm willing to sweat it out in a much warmer than normal house so she can be happy and content.
6. I still remember the first time we used newborn diapers and now, we already almost to size 2. Can she just stay small forever?
7. Doing things one-handed is my thing now.
8. Me-time is still necessary.
9. No matter how tired I feel, whenever I see a smile or hear a coo, I feel all energized.
10. Who cares. I have a baby...